My husband and I decided this year to sneak away for an early holiday. We wanted a relaxing break, away from everything which would really give our minds a break. After doing a bit of research I choose the Chaparral Eco lodge in the Sierra Nevada in Spain. Fashion and Eco warrior don’t always sit side by side but I always try to make responsible everyday choices, and I like to try to work in harmony with the environment.
The Sierra Nevada is a mountain range in the region of Andalucia, in the provinces of Granada and Almería in Spain. Have a look through the gallery above to see just how beautiful this part of the world is. If you ever get a chance to go I couldn’t recommend it more!
But what would you wear? At this time of the year you can expect rain and it to be cold in evenings, but very hot in the day. Whether I’m camping or staying in a 5 star hotel I always like to feel that I look nice, and theres nothing more uncool then someone rocking up to a eco lodge with their own weight in clothes. So in a nutshell this type of holiday needs a bit of planning.
My wardrobe broke down into Day time exploring, Sun bathing and Nice evenings out.
1. Trusty Zara denim shorts or my new short dungarees (folded top, middle)
3. Helly Henson waterproof windbreaker jacket
4. North face walking boots
5. H&M leaf patterned skirt
1. I’m fair skinned so a dark coloured strapless bikini looks best before the tan kicks in
2. River island strapless dress to cover up without getting tan marks (This is the red and yellow patterned piece in the photo above)
3. Trusty Havana flip flops
Evenings (in the first Picture):
1. Levi Jeggings
2. River island gladiators sandles
3. HM big & baggy t-shirt x3 (these also doubled up as a day time cover-up)
Fancy evenings (shown below):
1. Firetrap silk & cotten maxi dress
2. H&M lace dress
All the above where worn with River island gladiators sandals.
To cover up I always take a thick denim shirt which can be warn in the day or evening
I had an amazing time at the Chaparral Eco lodge. The owner Karen was fabulously warm and inviting, and started us off every day with a super tasty and hearty breakfast. Don’t just take my word for it there’s lots of other glowing reviews on The Cool Camping Website & AirBnB.
If you would like to book you can contact Karin directly via her website.
Honestly buy the ticket!